Date of revision: 17 OCTOBER 2022
Director: Terumasa Mori
Policy”) intends to stipulate the following items in relation to personal information (as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan (Act No. 57 of 2003) (hereinafter the “
Act”) which may be collected by FunkyCorp Ltd. (hereinafter the “
(1) The methods of collecting, using, disclosing, holding and storing personal information by the Company; and
(2) The methods of contacting the Company if you wish to access or make corrections to the personal information the Company holds about you, or if you wish to state your opinion on how we have handled your personal information.
2. Compliance with the applicable law
The Company handles personal information in compliance with the Act, its related government ordinances, regulations, guidelines established by the Personal Information Protection Commission of Japan and any other applicable laws and regulations (hereinafter collectively, the “Applicable Laws and Regulations”) and this Policy.
The Company collects the following personal information:
(1) Information which the Company obtains for recruitment and for contacting and management of prospective employees. Provided that the information in relation to the current and former employees of the Company shall be handled in accordance with the Rules on the management of personal information of employees, and thus shall be excluded from the scope of this Policy.
(2) Information obtained during the course of the Company’s business activities, including those with clients, suppliers, and contractors under service agreements.
4. Sensitive personal information
Under the Policy, sensitive personal information shall mean information regarding race, religion, thoughts and beliefs including political opinions, social status, union activities, sex life, sexual orientation, medical history, criminal records and other personal information which has potential of provoking unjustifiable discrimination or prejudice.
The personal information requiring special care defined in the Act shall always be included in Sensitive personal information hereunder.
Notwithstanding any of the provisions hereof, the Company does not collect or provide to a third party any sensitive personal information through this website or in any other manner unless we receive your consent or collection or sharing of the sensitive personal information with a third party is permissible under the Applicable Laws and Regulations.
If you voluntarily submit to the Company your sensitive personal information which we do not require (e.g., by submitting your resume or a job application online), it is deemed that you expressly consent to your sensitive personal information being used in accordance with this Policy.
5. Purposes of use
The Company will use personal information we collect for the purposes set out below or other purposes which is obvious under the circumstances we collected your personal information or otherwise in accordance with the Applicable Laws and Regulations. (hereinafter the “Purposes”).
(1) Personal information of our clients (including potential clients) and their officers, employees, contractors under service agreements, agents and other individuals involved in the deals with the clients (hereinafter collectively, “Clients”): the Company uses Clients’ personal information for communication necessary for transactions, invoicing our fees and expenses, introducing the Company services, delivering our newsletters, inviting Clients to our seminars and for direct marketing or promotional activities.
You may at any time ‘opt out’ from receiving marketing materials from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each communication you may receive from us, by indicating so when the Company contacts you, or by contacting the Company directly.
(2) Personal information of suppliers, individual contractors or officers, employees, agents of companies, etc. under service agreements, or individuals or officers, employees, agent of contractors of such contractors, (hereinafter collectively, the “Suppliers”) : the Company uses the personal information of its Suppliers, etc. for the purpose of procurement, making orders or other requests and payments and for communications necessary for transactions.
(3) Personal information of job applicants to the Company: the Company uses job applicants’ personal information for recruitment-related purposes, and for contacting and management of prospective employees. The personal information may include personal information which is written in your resume or job applications you submit online, through recruitment agencies or through third-party sites such as LinkedIn or others.
(4) Personal information provided on our websites, etc.: the Company may ask our websites visitors to complete surveys for its research purposes, in order to expand our business such as improving the quality of our services or improving the ease of use of our websites, which you may choose not to respond to. Also, the Company may receive comments from visitors of websites which the Company manages.
The Company uses these personal information provided on our websites for direct marketing or promotional activities in accordance with the Laws and Regulations.
Direct marketing or promotional activities may include providing you with specific information that you have requested or providing more general information about other services of the Company.
You may at any time ‘opt out’ from receiving each marketing material from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each communication you may receive from us, by indicating so when the Company contacts you, or by contacting the Company directly.
(5) Personal information of individuals who request Disclosure, etc. (defined in Section 10 below): the Company uses the personal information to handle your requests.
(6) Personal information provided by Clients: the Company uses the personal information to carry out contracted work, such as interviews and reports.
6. Disclosure of personal information
6.1 Outsourcing (to third-party contractors under service agreements)
The Company may retain third-party contractors to process your personal information if it is necessary for our efficient operation of business and to handle our services. Whenever we retain such data processor, the Company shall conduct monitoring which is necessary and appropriate to ensure the secure management of the personal information entrusted at the third-party contractors.
6.2 Provision of information to a third party (such as governmental authorities, for business reorganizations)
The Company will not provide personal information to any third parties (except for data processors set forth in Section 6.1) unless one of the following applies. If the Company provides personal information to any third parties, the Company shall prepare records of such provision.
(1) You have consented;
(2) It is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body or property and it is impractical to obtain your prior consent;
(3) It is necessary to cooperate with the Japanese government authorities, local enforcement authorities and obtaining your prior consent may impede the execution of the operations concerned;
(4) In circumstances where your personal information is provided to a third party as a result of the succession of the Company’s business due to a merger, etc.; or
(5) It is otherwise required or authorized by law.
6.3 Provision of information to a third party in a foreign country
The Company may entrust data processing of your personal information to a third party in a foreign country. In such a case, the Company shall follow the Applicable Laws and Regulations.
6.4 The Company will not use personal information for any purpose other than those specific in 5. Purposes of Use. We will also take measures to prevent unauthorized use.
7. Data quality
The Company will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete.
8. Protection of personal information
The Company uses appropriate security measures in order to protect the personal data we collect, use or transfer from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, you should be aware that, due to the open and unsecured character of the Internet, the Company cannot be responsible for the security of transmissions of the personal data over the Internet. In addition, we have put in place a management system for personal information which supports these policies and which takes into consideration IT technology trends, changes in social requirements and the business environment on an ongoing basis to constantly improve our management system.
9. Retention of personal information
The Company retains your personal information only for as long as is necessary to comply with its legal and contractual obligations or otherwise in accordance with the retention period prescribed by the Applicable Laws and Regulations. When such retention period is over, the Company will take reasonable steps to destroy or delete the information.
10. Requests for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, or erasure of your personal information.
You may contact the Company to request the Company to disclose, correct, add, delete, stop using, or erase (collectively, "Disclosure") your personal information held by the Company in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations. You may make such requests by contacting the Company directly using the contact details below. We may require the payment of a fee of JPY1,000 to process your request.
When the Company receives a request from you to disclose your personal information held by the Company, the Company will disclose your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and according to the following steps:
(1) After receiving your request, we will mail you a "Request for Disclosure of Personal Data" a prescribed request form to be used by us.
(2) Please send the completed Request Form, documents confirming the identity of the proxy if the request is made by a proxy, and a postal money order (only for notification of the purpose of use and request for disclosure) to the Personal Information above.
(3) After receiving the above request form, we will inquire about 2 items of personal information registered with us that can be used to identify the individual (e.g., telephone number and date of birth) in order to confirm the identity of the individual.
(4) In principle, we will reply to you in writing (by mail).
If the Company receives a request from you to correct, add to, or delete your personal information held by the Company, the Company will review and confirm the validity of the request without delay and handle your request appropriately in light of the review. If the Company receives a request from you to cease using or delete your personal data for reasons of violation of the purpose of use or improper acquisition, the Company will handle your request appropriately in accordance with applicable laws and regulations if it determines that there is a valid reason for your request.
If permitted by applicable laws and regulations, the Company may reject your request for Disclosure. In such a case, the Company will notify you of the denial along with the reason.
11. Contact for questions, complaints, disclosures, etc.
FunkyCorp Ltd. Personal Information Contact Inquiries
Personal information protection manager：COO
8F TTS Minami-Aoyama Bldg,
6-12-1 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 107-0062
TEL: 03-6804-2655 FAX: 03-6804-2656
Hours of business: 10:00 - 19:00
(except Sat / Sun / National Holidays / Year End / Golden Week holidays)
12. EU residents’ data
If the Company handles personal data of residents within the EU region as a Data Processor under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the Company will handle such data in accordance with the instructions made by the Data Controller of such data.
Our website automatically collects internet domain names, IP addresses, and browsing information, etc. of our websites. Among these, cookies (information sent from servers to browsers of the users and accumulated in computers of the users in order to identify users from the servers side) are used for limited purposes of the smooth operation of the services provided by our website and do not include any personal information. Such collected information is used for reference purposes for the smooth operation of the services provided by our website.
14. Notification of changes to this Policy
This Policy was established on 13 December 2019. We may periodically update this Policy to keep pace with new technologies, industry practices, and regulatory requirements, among other reasons. If amendment is made, it will be posted on our website. The amendment will be in effect when the amendment is posted on our website. In the event of any amendment to the purposes of use of personal information, we will notify you separately.
There is a Japanese version of this Policy. If there are any discrepancies between this English version and the Japanese version, the Japanese version shall prevail.
16. Name and contact of authorized personal information protection organization for complaint resolution are as below:
*Only complaints regarding the handling of personal information would be accepted.
Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization Administrative Office
Roppongi First Building, 9-9 Roppongi 1-chome, Minato-ku Tokyo, Japan, 106-0032
TEL: 03-5860-7565 FAX: 0120-700-779